Sunday, December 13, 2009

DAY 3



This is one little image I created to be a little abstract with the Nativity. I first created a gradient behind the scene based on a TV show recap I saw. It was grey on top and on the bottom was a slight black-red-orange-red-black gradient going on. I then created the stable. I didn't want it to fully stand out so I knocked the opacity down to 70% and used a wood grain photo-shop brush to create the wood look and feel. Next I added a layer behind the stable and created the black swirls. Then I went a layer ahead of the stable and created Marry and Joseph. Marry holding the baby Jesus. I merged the Marry and Joseph together and put a slight lens flair to their layer. Next I created the stars (two layers). The second layer I added a rainbow gradient so the stars would have a rainbow glow to them. I then created the text. I believe the font is "28 Days Later." I added black, grey, and white clouds over the text. I added an outline to the text in gradient (black-white-dark blue). Finally I added the light strokes and erased the parts I wanted to look like it wrapped around the people and text.

1 comment: